Friday, May 2, 2008

rainpain, snowpain

Page Eleven

Friday 2 May 2008 Greenfield

No, it doesn't snow anymore now, but it did off and on during the first week I was homeless in the middle of March. Everything, for my whole life, was shared with my animals. Rain, snowflakes, snowballs, icicles, sunrises, sunsets, lunar eclipses: everything. Now nature itself is an enemy all around me, sending knives into my heart with every move it makes because none of nature's goings-on are shared with my companions anymore. I walked in nature with cats, with dogs, with rabbits, with a possum. I talked to them about everything: the names of the plants and trees, the names of stars and planets, if I knew them. I always went out to have moonshadows with my dogs. If there was going to be a good moon at 3am, I'd often set a mental alarm, or an actual one, to wake up and go out and have the shadows with the dogs.

What did the DMH allow to be ripped away from me? Just a bunch of "pets"?

Update 12 August 2009: What did the DMH allow to be ripped away from me? Everything that mattered to me the most. Everything that made my life my life. I already had chronic depression and anxiety, and I already had post-traumatic stress. How much worse is all that now, now that the DMH "helped" me in 2007? Click here to the DMH page of my website.

No comments: